It’s day 20 of the HAWMC challenge, and the prompt for today is:
- What gets you OUT of the pit of despair when nothing is going your way?
There are lots of things that help get me out of that little black hole, some people call despair:
- Playing my violin, something new that I’ve taken up in the past month
- Reading. Reading books, reading magazines, reading blogs. Just reading
- Listening to music
- A hug, a word of encouragement, or just someone to just be there with me. The support from my family helps so much
- My cats. They are just too cute and too friendly not to love.
- Crying. Just letting myself be upset, letting my emotions out, can really help sometimes
- Seeing a friends, skyping my friends who are far away, or even a message can make my day
- Going out and doing things, just being in a different space
- Watching certain shows on tv
- Writing, painting and drawing (although I don’t do nearly enough of the last two)
What helps you get out of that little black hole?